We offer a comprehensive range of contraception at the Surgery
- Combined oral contraception pill
- Progesterone only pill
- Depot progesterone injection
- EVRA patch
- Emergency contraception
Family Planning and Fertility
- Preconception counselling
- Infertility advice and bloods tests
- Pregnancy testing
Sexual Health Screening
- Discrete examination
- Blood test for HIV, Hepatitis B and C, Syphilis
- Swabs for gonorrhoea and Chlamydia
Female Health Issues
- Period problems
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Breast problems/examinations
- Incontinence problems
- Menopause Management
- Osteoporosis assessment
Antenatal and Postnatal Care
- Pregnancy visits are free.
- During pregnancy you will be under the care of both your GP and your Hospital obstetrician.
- You care will alternate between the Hospital and the GP.
- You are entitled to 6 antenatal visits with the GP and 2 postnatal visits.
- Postnatal Visits - 2 week baby check/ 6 week mother and baby check.
- We are registered with Cervical check, the National Cancer Screening Service. Smear tests are available free of charge with Cervical Check, for women between the ages of 25 -60 years . To avail of a free smear test, visit www.cervicalcheck.ie and register your details. Cervical check will provide you with a pin that will entitle you to a free smear here at the Surgery.
- BreastCheck is a Government-funded programme that provides free mammograms to eligible women on an area by area basis every two years. BreastCheck is being extended and by the end of 2021, all eligible women aged 50 to 69 will be invited for routine screening. For more information visit www.breastcheck.ie
- One in four people struggle with mental health issues in their life. If you have any concerns, please come into the surgery to discuss them and you will be treated with understanding and support. There is lots of help available and you are not on your own.